Sunday, June 5, 2011

Puerto Rico!

Vacation in tropical paradise! Got to see the Arecibo Observatory, Caves at Rio Camuy, El Yunque rain forest, El Morrow and La Castillo in Old San Juan as well as eat some really tasty local foods! Got to swim in La Mina falls in the rain forest and ride horses on the beach! What more can I ask for? ;)

One thing I found funny was that the high ways had barriers that were painted in specific color patterns of 2 or 3 colors. But I didn't quite figure out why they chose the colors they did. But it was cool regardless.

green, red, and yellow

purple and yellow

peach and blue

purple, turquoise, and green
I thought the local frog - Coqui - is one of the cutest sounding things I've ever heard, and couldn't resist buying a stuffed version that replicates its chirps that resonates throughout the night.


The Arecibo Observatory has the world's largest radio telescope and it actually rotated while I was visiting.



Swimming in La Mina falls is only second to swimming in one of the Maui falls on the road to Hana.





And El Morrow and La Castillo in Old San Juan captured the magic of the old world.





Trail riding is brought to a new level when you can ride directly on the beach with the ocean waves crashing at your feet. My horse was Tyson (the smaller one in front), and I actually got him up to a full gallop a few times. =P




My horse Tyson is laughing!

No tropical paradise trip is complete without great food. Tostones, monfongo, empanadas to start. But don't go anywhere without the ketchup-mayo. It's the most amazing dipping sauce ever.




See the full slide show of the entire trip photos. :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good time, dearie. Really liked PR when I was there back in the day :-)

    ReplyDelete