Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Home Ownership

Today I became a home owner. This is my new kitchen. It's shiny. :-)

It's been something I've been thinking about for quite some time. It's amazing how much you learn doing something like this, that you would otherwise never have any clue about.

I do feel rather "aged" all of a sudden with this step, much more so than crossing into the land of the thirty-somethings. Now I can commiserate with other people who has a mortgage and worry about home improvements and renovations. Hmm... not quite sure that was necessarily a step in the right direction for feeling 30 as the new 20. 

Either way, this is a milestone. One that will carry with me for 30 years according to my contracts.

I couldn't have done it without "my team" though. Here I am in front of the Cambridge Registry of Deeds with my awesome attorney and agent. Banker's in AZ so he didn't make it into the photo sadly. But he was there in spirit.

The process took a few hours and I had keys in hand after. I went home, grabbed some cooking and cleaning supplies, and headed over to the new place.

My first meal in my new home - pork and leek dumplings in the shiny new kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment