Saturday, April 21, 2012

Tetris on the Green Building

One of the best MIT hacks in my lifetime (so far) is when MIT turned its Green Building into a live Tetris game.  I had the privilege of playing the game on the Green Building and it is by far one of the most memorable experiences I've ever had playing any game in my life.  


The action is all captured in this almost 4 minute video.  I would have lasted a lot longer if there weren't so many "dead pixels"! Some offices had their lights on, which interfered with where there might be blocks, while other offices were completely dark.  Those "dead pixels" interfered with providing feedback of where there is an existing block, which proved to be my downfall early on (around the 1 min mark).

It just goes to show how important providing feedback to the user is when it comes to interface design.

No comments:

Post a Comment