Sunday, March 4, 2012

Linsanity

Although I'm not much of a sports fan in general, I wouldn't pass up a chance to see a pro game in person.  It just happened to be I got a pair of company tickets to go see the Celtics play the Knicks at TD Garden.

Linsanity has been the talk of the town for the past month so I most definitely had to go see what Jeremy Lin is all about.

It was pretty crazy to see him make some amazing shots. He was practically falling over on some of them.  But at the same time, he turned over many simple plays, almost tripping over his own feet a few times. At the end, my conclusion is he's fairly inconsistent, so he's got some ways to go before he can be counted on to really carry any team.

Outside of the game (which was pretty exciting considering the Celtics looked like they were about to lose, and then in the last few minutes, managed to tie it up to go into overtime, and then winning it at the end) the company seats were pretty nice.

It was at the same level as other company boxes, but not as extravagant. It's at a "sports deck", and had tall bar height leather swivel seats, and a bar counter for food and drinks. Definitely way more comfortable than the regular seats beneath.

This also gave me a chance to test out the panorama features on my Galaxy Nexus. My first attempt at using it, and it turned out pretty nice.  It's pretty clear that any panorama shot is going to have a weird perspective due to the positioning / origin of the photo and how it all gets stitched together. But it does a pretty nice job of showcasing the space I was in.


All in all, a pretty positive experience, both via the game, and with my smart phone. :) I just need more opportunities to try out more of its features so I can write about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment