Tuesday, February 15, 2011

CarMe iPad App

Assignment 2 is to design an iPad application called CarMe, which is a car finder application. The point of the assignment is to go to the basics, do some card sorting of user goals and needs, and create several different conceptual models of how this app should work. I came up with a generic Specs Concept that every car finder out there does, a Behavior Concept that would be more inquiring of your driving needs and behavior, and a Personality Concept that's a take off on dating sites. Find your perfect (car) match! =P

Printing to scale again, I am glad I found an iPad background because it really puts the actual UI elements in context. That big black border ate up so much of my ink I had to go buy new cartridges over the weekend but the final effect was really good, so I'm glad I did that. The flow is pretty self-explanatory once you get past the fact that the initial questions are posed as if you're on a dating site looking for your perfect (car) soul mate.

For example, if you had answered you would want to "Hike the Grand Canyon", and the most important trait is "Frugal to a fault", the system will have some super cool intelligence to match you with the cheapest 4 wheel drive car it can find. =)





No comments:

Post a Comment